Archive for category Auto Insurance
If your teen has reached driving age, you may be feeling just a little concerned when you see them head out the door. It’s natural for any parent to be worried about their teenager driving, but if they have obtained a license, then they definitely have the essential driving skills. Teaching them about being a patient and dependable driver is one of the best methods to help them stay safe on the streets. To help protect them financially, you might also discuss CA auto insurance.
To help any teenager learn about responsibility, parents should set a safe example. If your child has watched you whiz in and out of traffic, regularly proceed through yellow lights, and been present when you have lost your temper and patience in the car, they may perhaps be more inclined to follow suit. Be aware every time you drive with them that they are watching – and learning – from you. It’s sensible therefore to be as patient and cautious as you can whenever you drive. Some parents even choose to take a driving skills refresher class, and if you have the time and money, this could be a good way to ensure you are passing on the correct skills, and not dangerous habits that you have picked up over time.
There are naturally mandatory insurance needs for every driver. Car accident insurance with CA auto insurance is one element that may help financially should your child be involved in an accident. To check that they have the right type and amount of insurance, just give your agent a call for information.
Brake failure can be a terrifying situation, particularly if you are going fast. Thankfully it is rare but it is still a good idea to know what to do just in case it happens to you. Being prepared can help prevent a situation where panic takes hold and could even potentially save your life, or at the very least help you avoid a collision and a MA car insurance claim.
• The first thing to do if your brakes stop working is to stay calm. Pump the brakes a few times to try and build up the pressure then depress the brake pedal firmly to the floor. Keep doing this.
• Make sure cruise control is off and change to a lower gear. Work your way down the gears slowly as shifting too many gears at once could make you lose control of your vehicle.
• Use your emergency brake but make sure you put it on slowly to avoid your wheels locking.
• Try to find an uphill stretch of road or a gravel or dirt road to help you slow down.
• Steering from side to side can help increase friction on the wheels but this can be dangerous if you are going fast so only try it at slow speeds if you aren’t likely to endanger other road users.
It may be that your only option is to crash. Try to slow your car down as much as possible and look for something soft like a hedge or shrub to crash into where there is no better option. Your MA car insurance can hopefully cover any damage caused to your car or any other vehicles so make safety your priority.